Welcome to the Farmville Detention Center (FDC) Information Portal. The FDC is accredited by the American Correctional Association (ACA) and the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC). The FDC is committed to excellence throughout our organization and strives to provide a positive, safe and professional environment for our staff and detainees.
It is the mission of the Farmville Detention Center to provide a safe, humane, and appropriately secure civil detention environment that offers an appealing alternative to the standard method of detention for federal immigrants while they navigate the immigration process.
The Farmville Detention Center and its operating philosophy is considered the role model and trendsetter for providing safe, humane, and secure conditions in civil detention service in America. This vision will be realized when:
- The FDC provides as free and pleasant an environment as possible for civil detention while effectively managing safety and security concerns.
- The FDC ensures the physical safety and security of all detainees through effective facility management and oversight and an environment free from fear, intimidation, and harassment.
- The FDC provides a high level of medical, mental, spiritual, educational, and vocational programs that enable detainees to return to the appropriate societies as better citizens.
- The diverse FDC staff are exceptionally professional, well-trained, courteous and reflect the FDC’s core values and work ethic at the highest level.
- FDC staff are able to work in a safe and secure environment and treat each other with professionalism, dignity, and respect and are free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- FDC staff adopt a philosophy of lifetime learning and personal and professional development.
The Farmville Detention Center is committed to:
- a safe and secure environment for detainees and staff
- an alternative to standard detention practices that still meets the goals of the federal government and the general public
- staff who are well-trained, diverse, and professional and who exhibit the highest level of ethics
- a tradition of excellence and professionalism