Company: SOZO Healthcare
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Health Services Administrator & Director of Mental Health
Provide a wide range of psychosocial assessments and preliminary diagnostic
impression, counseling therapy, crisis intervention and/or case management services
to patients in a secure facility as part of an established multidisciplinary treatment
team and behavioral health program.
- Collect supporting information about patients through interview, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
- Provide crisis management counseling, and/or short term therapy to patients as appropriate to the position; prepares treatment and follow-up care programs, provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DSM-5 criteria and appropriate intervention for each entity.
- Initiates an interdisciplinary treatment plan and participates in the ongoing treatment planning process when appropriate.
- Consult with other behavioral health practitioners and related staff, as appropriate in the performance of therapeutic and/or casework.
- Document patient’s activities and progress using the SOAPE format; write social and/or medical summaries.
- Follow up to determine reliability of treatment used; changes methods and degree of therapy when indicated.
- Participate in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
- Follows established policies, procedures, continuous quality improvement and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Will adhere to Sozo’s Standards of Professional Conduct, and will incorporate and/or be supportive of Sozo’s core values, mission, and vision!
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Sozo Staff in accordance with Sozo and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the facility.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of a range of counseling and therapeutic techniques.
- Ability to apply behavioral health counseling methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions and treatment progress.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical counseling principles, programs and methodology.
- Ability to follow Sozo policies and procedures and adhere to state regulatory standards.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in Psychology and qualified to provide a preliminary diagnostic impression OR
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Certified Addictions Professional (CAP)
- Current State License
- Current CPR certification from American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when licensure is required by local, state, federal or contractual guidelines, we will not alter our position on those requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is performed in a clinical setting; however, patient care can occur via multiple designated facility locations.
- May have exposure to acute mentally ill and potentially aggressive patients
- Mobility and ability to bend and reach during an 8-12 hour day. Able to lift minimum 20 pounds. Visual and auditory acuity sufficient to evaluate, intervene, treat, and record client health care needs. Fine motor skills for legible and accurate charting, daily correspondence and presentation, either manually or orally. Work endurance ability to work 8-12 hour shifts with a meal break, as possible. Routine 8-12 hour shifts. Hours and days off may vary. Extra hours may be required. Work assignment locations may vary.
- Work environment involves exposure to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dust, mists and gases; contagious or infectious diseases or hazardous chemicals and potentially dangerous situations that may require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
|Insurance||Health, Vision, Dental|
|Paid Leave||Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave Available|