Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Reports to: Charge Nurse/Director of Nursing
Company: SOZO Healthcare
Provide holistic nursing care to patients in a correctional setting.
- Assists health care providers, registered nurses and allied health professionals with examinations, treatments, special tests and routine procedures.
- Obtains patient health history, laboratory specimens, vital signs and administers TB skin tests.
- Conducts lab tests and ensures the results are delivered to correct physician or registered nurse.
- Ensures patient is receiving proper care for injury or condition.
- Reviews patient chart; records and reports observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in patient’s conditions.
- Schedules and coordinates paperwork for patient transfers to medical facilities or outside health care providers; administers medications; implement healthcare practitioners’ orders and documents all patient contacts using the POMR format.
- Practices safety, environmental and infection control methods.
- Will adhere to Sozo’s Standards of Professional Conduct, and will incorporate and/or be supportive of Sozo’s core values, mission, and vision!
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Sozo Staff in accordance with Sozo and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and documentation.
- Skill in performing clinical nursing procedures.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation procedures.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of appropriate procedures and standards for the administration of medications and patient care aids.
- Ability to prepare and process laboratory samples using established protocols.
- Ability to observe, assesses, and record symptoms, reactions and progress.
- Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is primary part (more than 70%) of job.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Current state license as a Practical or Vocational Nurse
- Current CPR certification from American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when licensure is required by local, state, federal, or contractual guidelines, we will not alter our position on those requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is typically performed in a clinical setting
- Considerable physical activity.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
|Insurance||Health, Vision, Dental|
|Paid Leave||Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave Available|