Job Title: Dentist
FSLA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Medical Director
Supervises: Dental Assistant; Dental Hygienist
Provides and oversees direct dental diagnosis, treatment, procedures and care in a secure setting.
- Provides and manages direct dental patient care, including oral examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed oral conditions.
- Manages the daily operations of the dental clinic at the facility.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of dental technical and support staff as required.
- Follows established policies, procedures, continuous quality improvement and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Participates and directs health promotion, education and/or prevention programs for detainees and provides in-service training for health staff members.
- Maintains dental records and charts documenting all dental services rendered.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Sozo Staff in accordance with Sozo and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within a secure facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of dental diagnostic and patient care services.
- Ability to develop and present in-service educational programs to clinic staff.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of dental diagnosis and treatment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions and progress using the SOAP method of charting.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients on correct usage.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of dental surgical care.
- Knowledge of federal, state, secure accrediting body standards and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental medicine.
- Currently licensed in the state.
- Current CPR certification from American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
- One year experience in general dentistry preferred.
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when licensure is required by local, state, federal or contractual guidelines, we will not alter our position on those requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and includes the use of protective equipment.
- Will work with blood and blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training and compliance.
- Knowledge of federal, state and secure accrediting body standards, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services.
To apply, please click here to complete our web application for Dentist.
|Health, Vision, Dental
|Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave Available