FSLA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Health Services Administrator
Supervises: Nursing/Healthcare Staff
Company: SOZO Healthcare
Under the administrative direction of the Health Services Administrator manages and coordinates nursing, patient care and associated operational services within a secure facility. Formulates clinical and patient care policies, protocol and procedures, establishes and manages budgets and business/administrative systems, and participates in strategic decision making for the operation. Directs, coordinates and oversees the administration of all associated nursing and support staff.
- Plans, implements and evaluates all nursing services, to include associated administrative operations and activities.
- Reviews, establishes and maintains patient care protocol and standards, ensuring that all federal and state, Sozo and facility policies, regulations and guidelines for patient care are met; establishes and coordinates quality improvement, safety and infection control programs; and reviews pharmacy utilization to ensure adherence to formulary.
- Establishes and implements short-and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness and effects changes as required for improvement.
- Designs, establishes and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to
- effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives, recruits, employs, trains, supervises and evaluates professional and contract staff.
- Directs and coordinates nursing, program and clinical educational and in-service activities for the department.
- Recommends and participates in the development of organizational policies and procedures to include monitoring and enforcement of Infection Control policies and procedures; serves on organizational committees such as the CQI and conducts regular staff meetings.
- Participates in performing periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Will adhere to Sozo’s Standards of Professional Conduct, and will incorporate and/or be supportive of Sozo’s mission and core values.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Sozo Staff in accordance with Sozo and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within a secure facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Skill in examining operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of clinical objectives, programs, methods, procedures and standards.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interprets operational needs, and develops integrated, creative solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of all facets of professional nursing, patient care, infection control, safety and quality assurance policies and procedures and institutional practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and techniques of nursing policies and procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of nursing in-service education requirements, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state and regulatory requirements for unit operation, and accreditation.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Organizational planning, structuring and staffing skills.
Education and Experience
- BSN in Nursing preferred.
- Current state RN licensure
- Current CPR certification from American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
- Background in emergency room, secure, detention, or correctional nursing setting preferred.
- Three years of supervisory experience, preferably in a secure care setting.
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when licensure is required by local, state, federal or contractual guidelines, we will not alter our position on those requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is performed in a clinical setting.
- Work environment involves exposure to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dust, mists and gases; contagious or infectious diseases or hazardous chemicals and potentially dangerous situations that may require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
|Insurance||Health, Vision, Dental|
|Paid Leave||Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave Available|